Thursday 13 May 2010

Drug deals left and right...

Guess who came out to play today? Oh, just the sun, our first viewing of him since living in America! What a perfect day to go kick up our heels at The Camden Market. Our first semi-sunny day, I was so excited. It was my belief that the market was would be set up like the swap meet in Orange County, with tents and organization. Wrong. It is more like China Town in NYC. Only duplicated in size and minus the fake designer bags plus a lot more Indian/Rastafarian objects divided by the weirdest people in the world divided again by tourist Americans with a square root of drug interactions. So... if you did the math correctly you would end up with the most intense/dangerous/weirdest/super fun/dirty/crazy/herpes infested/rocker midget market.
So, who wants to join me now?

In the midst of lions, tigers and bears oh my, were there the cutest, most delicious clothes to be found. The most charming dresses, vintage tops and over all precious attire. It was a good thing I didn't bring all my money with me, it would have been gone in flicker. Weather it be consumed by a looney pick pocketing man or given to a small asian women in exchange for a sweat shop made dress.

One of the cool trends of London right now is printed wellies (rain boots). There were numerous stands that offered them with oodles of styles, half of the ones for deal look like they were previously owned. I wish I had room for them in my suitcase and more then that I wish I liked the rain enough to buy a second pair of rain boots. I would hate to encourage the rain Gods
I was astonished at all the different people loitering the boulevard. Frankly the craziest people I have ever seen. Tattoos, piercing, mohawks, and things I have never seen before or even know how to describe. The streets were laced with tattoo parlors, with people standing in front of them handing out fliers. Even if you said 'no thank you' to the flier, they would say 'oh no, really take it'... well, if you insist I suppose I can take your peculiar, miniature paper and throw it away for you.

Honestly, I am glad they all have one another. Made me grateful that the 'crazy people at walmart' are all I have to deal with on a regular basis. These people were nuts! I kept my purse zipped and in my hand at all times. Innumerable amounts of these outlandish people coated the streets in a thick mass.

They have these scarves for sell at virtually every deposit. They all varied in prices, luckily I stumbled upon a place that had them for sell for 1.99 (pound, not sure how to do the pound symbol). Quickly I snatched up a bundle of them to return to my loved ones in America. Though the creepy people were abundant and weird paraphernalia as well as eerie shirts were ever so present it was rather entertaining, amusing and much bliss was found.
Pashmina Shawls, Stoles, Scarves And Other Pashmina Products
See full size imageSee full size image


I am planning on going back in the near future. Now that I know what to expect, and what else I want to obtain it will be a swifter journey. I leave for Paris in the morning, I am sure there will be much to update on when I return!

2 comments:

  1. haha! Okay so I remember the Camden market, and yes they are the weirdest people in the entire world. That was not the market I was talking about (the one where I got my ring and its much cuter atmostpher). I will do research and let you know. Have fun in Paris! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your blog!!! I miss you tons but sure wish I could be there with you! California is in the near future... Love you Em!! Be safe!

    ReplyDelete