Tuesday 18 May 2010

Going backwards....

All my pictures are out of order (and I am to lazy to try and arrange them), so this blog is going to be a little all over the place. I promise you will live though, it is going to be okay and you will still enjoy it!
Kelsey and I went to the London Tower, which is commonly mistaken for the London Bridge. The London Bridge (yes there is one in Arizona) is actually just an average looking overpass. The London Tower (easily confused with the Tower of London) is a bridge that looks like it came out of an old Disney Movie. It was such a beautiful day, the view from the top of the bridge was breath taking at dusk. We had to ask about 9 people to take our picture because they were all half retarded.
If you were going to take a photo for someone standing on a bridge what do you think they would want in the background, A: the building to the side, B:the trees on the other side C: just zoomed in so it is only their faces or D: the water and the view? Ya D, you would think that was a pretty obvious request, it sure wasn't.
These elephants are everywhere! I think they have over 10,000 of them through out the city! Crazy! There are some that are really beautiful, others that are weird and some that are just down right ugly. I thought this little polka dot one was extra cute.

Yesterday was some day of recognition for Norway, Kelsey and I found it absolutely necessary to dress up and go celebrate with the norwegian people! We went to the most lagit club I have ever been to! Ir was called The Zoo. It was crazy for a Monday night, so much fun!
These are some cute boys from Spain we met at the Zoo. They loved us, actually every single person in that club loved us!

We also met the tallest man in London (or so he says) when we were walking to the bridge. They have the London Dungeon, it is like a haunted house year round. How funny!

We did everything you could ever think of to do in Paris.
What a beautiful day! Look how fun all those people laying on the lawn look! You can hardly see us standing on the steps! We climbed all those steps with all our luggage (this was on our way to the train station) I think there was like 7,000 steps, not joking!

We had a picnic in the park facing the Eiffel Tour! Can you say amazing!! This man laid down next to us and literally just stared at us for nearly 2 hours. I don't even know how I was able to snap this shot when he looked away for 2 seconds!
These french people were so funny. They were blaring Michael Jackson! Doing every dance move and singing every word. I don't think they had any idea what they were actually saying though. We filmed them for over 20 minutes. It was so funny, I laughed so hard.
We LOVE carbs!!!!

I know, this is just a little bit gross and totally random! I wish this picture better showed just how big that blister was! That my friends is my pinky toe. The blister was honestly 3/4 of my toe. GROSS!
This is us picnicking in front of the Eiffel Tour. (And for the recored on all our maps and hand outs they spell tower 'tour', so it isn't that I can't spell, it is that I am being french)

Gavin fake proposed to Lindsey when we got to the top. I took a million pictures. People were clapping and cheering and congratulating them, I was so embarrassed!
One of the many breath taking views from the top!
I was so nervous when we first went up. I relaxed after a few minutes though and had a great time! Everyone needs to do this in their lifetime!
This was taken at Arc De Triomphe, you can't really tell though because some people just don't have natural picture taking skills.

I am so obsessed with the boat tour of paris. It was so romantic. I can see why it is the city of Love. It was beautiful!
Here we are! It got pretty chilly on the boat at night!

Yep, there I am! I had to pinch my self every few minutes and remind my self that I was in freaking Paris! I tried to take in every moment, appreciate everything, learn as much and have as much fun as I possibly could! I think I accomplished my goals well!
At the Louvre! My jaw was dropped to the floor for hours that day. I was in awe at all the incredible history that is there. Did you know the Louvre used to be a prison, a library and a stock exchange place? Learned that from the commentary on the bus! Love it!
I wish you could tell how cool this egyptian stone really is!
Smallest painting in the world. Is that why the Mona Lisa is famous? Or is it famous for having the most glass and barricades around it? Just kidding! It really is beautiful!
Seriously how lucky am I? I saw so many amazing things! Things people learn about in text books and dream of seeing! I feel so blessed and so grateful for all the experiences I have had!

We loved walking the streets of paris, so many picture opportunities! Thanks Gavin for taking so many pictures of us girls! Wish you could have been in more of them!
The famous Notre Dame! So stunning. The had a bread festival going on in a ten outside the church! It was extra crowded and extra fun!
We were so lucky! The second night we were there they were having a huge party across from the Eiffel Tower! It was a bunch if semi-famous french people singing. The people were freaking out, they loved it so much! I think we enjoyed it just as much even though we couldn't understand one word! We had a great time watching everyone and dancing along to the music. We were trying to ask a group of girls what the festival was for. They spoke very little english though and had a hart time explaining. What we got out of the conversation was that it was a festival for scouts in the suburbs. Ha! That couldn't have been the truth though. They were cute and tried really hard to explain it. I guess we will never know!
I tried to take a picture to show how many people were there. It was insane! You would have thought the Beatles and Elvis had come and done a performance together there were so many people! There were some crazies there for sure! We saw a man literally peeing on a tree in front of thousands of people. Yes we took a picture and you can see his stream ever so clear. I think that might be a bit inappropriate to put up though!
Oh, boy do we love crepes or what! They are just so amazingly perfect in every way. I think I am going to stop eating bread and just put everything inside a crepe! They are fabulous.

Yep, there I am! Not a whole lot to say! You can take an underground tunnel to get to it look around. You can also pay to go up to the top for a few euro. I have no idea how people drive around this thing though. Every taxi driver we had that had to take us passed here (our hotel was just down the street) was so crazy! I have no idea how we made it alive every time!

Oh what a wonderful weekend in the city of love!
After a rough first day (to put it lightly) in Paris seeing the Eiffel Tour all light up and sparkling melted any and every stress away.
Thanks to my amazing dad we were able to have not just a safe hotel, but an incredibly beautiful hotel to come home to after a long day of fun. We could actually see the Eiffel Tour from our window! How exciting is that!
This obviously isn't the view, just a picture I took!
Any one who has been to Paris I am sure you can relate to this story! Standing in line to go up to the top this gypsy came up to me and asked me to give her money. She handed me a tattered paper that said something about her mom blowing up and her dad being in captivity and how she had herpes or something totally stupid and made up. When I told her I was really sorry I didn't have any money she persisted so hard. She stood inches away from my face begging me for money. I had already given a few Euro to her gypsy clan and was sick of their lies and tricks. I continued to say ' no thank you, I'm sorry', after a while she stood almost nose to nose with me and said, 'F you' then pointed her finger at me and cursed me in some gypsy language and walked away. Seriously, SERIOUSLY! SO STUPID! Another short gypsy story, it was early in the morning and I was sitting on the curb waiting for our awesome bus to come when one of them came up to me. She said 'english, english, french'? I just stared at her with the blankest look I could find, she kept repeating 'english' I said no, and she was so confused, I just stared at her and said 'um... espanol, hola' she was so, so confused. She also cursed me in some freakish gypsy language and walked away. It made me and my team laugh pretty hard after she walked away.


We loved the red bus tour of the city! It had fabulous commentary and took the stress out of finding everything, it was like having a personal driver only better! Plus we didn't have to walk as much as we would have had to otherwise! When we first got on there wasn't any seats by each other so I sat next to an asian man. He was quite and didn't say anything to me until we were driving a long and WHACK a tree comes and hits him in the face! I tried so so hard not to laugh in his face. It really looked like it hurt. The poor little asian mans eye was cut, it looked like a rug burn on his cheek and little blood spots around his eye. He wasn't very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment