Thursday 6 May 2010

This is what I came for

Oh, happy days! Today was the first time we were let out on our own. I felt like a baby bird leaving the nest for the first time. Six of us went to Covert Garden today and meandered around for hours.

I literally felt like I wass day dreaming half the time, I was so in awe at the boutiques. The style of the people is so unique. Its like no one is afraid to be who they are and wear what they want to wear (I saw a girl wearing a full length fur cheetah jacket. I wish I could even have dream wearing something like that). Everyone is so brave! Encouraged me to be me!


This is what I thought London would be like; The shopping, bakeries, busy people, fancy restaurants, opera houses, the whole bit. It made me appreciate South Kensington a lot more then I had been though. South Kensington is a such a proper part of London. Now I understand why the people in this nook of the woods hate us American children, this is their home and they aren't pleased with are 'immaturity' aka loud talking, dancing, picture taking, running on the streets etc. Understandable. My parents wouldn't love if 15 british kids came to our neighborhood and wreaked havoc for six weeks.


I have been searching for a delectable crepe cafe. I finally found one that I thought would be worthy of my pounds (money and literal pounds, ha) We ordered a Greek, Italian (by far the best, goat cheese and pesto were the main ingredients, yum) and then two sweet ones to share, the banana/dulce de leche was heaven sent . They were are delectable actually. Worth every pound, and maybe a few more. I will definitely be going back!
Cheers!
em

1 comment:

  1. You have to go to the Kensington Crepery!! It is right in your area and its so cute and soooo yummy! Here is the link for the info! They are the best and cheapest.

    http://trustedplaces.com/review/uk/london/restaurant/1n32a8q/the-kensington-creperie

    ReplyDelete