Monday 3 May 2010

Oh Really...

Of course, I just spent so much time typing up the cutest post and then when I went to post my internet redirected me to some weirdo euro site and I lost everything. Bummer for you faithful readers (haha) because now I am just to tired to redo it!
So here is the short and sweet version, I am sure this is what you all wanted anyways.

Arriving to the SLC airport at 6:00 AM with out my passport, purse (we all know how many important things a girl can have in her purse, especially when traveling internationally) or computer could have seriously stressed me out, for some reason I was just really calm as I sat with my mom (who I might add wasn't quite as relaxed about the situation as I was). A big thank you to my Dad, who drive 90 miles an hour in the slushy, snowy, rain and Jamie Jardine who had to wake up to meet him half way with all my stuff!

After hours of cramped plane rides, dreadfully humid and hot layovers (never go to the JFK airport, I hate it!) going through hours of custom lines, taking unfamiliar tubes and walking bags that are seriously bigger then me for a mile I made it to my flat :), happy as a lark I might add.
Luckily I was able to sleep the entire way from NYC to London. Tylonal PM was the best thing ever invented. No jet leg feelings for me :)

We have already ventured out into the beautiful city, the beautiful, cold, rainy, windy city that is. We walked all around just in awe at the beautiful architecture and the incredible amount of culture, why did I think it was going to be a vas sea of white people?! Walking through the park was really neat because today is a bank holiday in England (am I stupid for not exactly knowing what that is?) There were so many families out roller blading, biking and just playing together.
Everything we saw it was like "Oh my gosh look they have families here too, so cute!!!" or "Oh my gosh this is our first street were crossing in London", ha ha so stupid. Even if we tried to not look like tourist we would. 15 of us pointing and gaping at every little thing, pretty much in single file line as we snap pictures of meaningless things, fallowing a man with a gray pony tail explaining whatever it is in front of him, yeah nothing screams AMERICAN TOURIST louder then that...
Well, I am still trying to figure out this currency thing, pretty much I hate it though. I thought we were America and everyone wanted to be us? Why isn't all dollar worth more? sucks. I am also trying to adapt to the 'look left' concept. Don't be surprised if I get hit by a car soon.

All in all I am loving it. My luggage all arrived on time and safe (unlike some girls in my group) I am healthy and happy and ready to embrace this journey! Sorry the short and sweet version become a little extended... this isn't nearly as long or in detailed as my first try though! :)

Love and miss you all!
xo
em

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! I'm so glad you are having fun already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I love your first post! I am so happy you made it there safe and sound. You are going to have a blast!

    ReplyDelete