Tuesday 4 May 2010

Sunny days ahead.

There are funny shaped keys and so many of them to get into everything. One for the entrance of the flat lobby, three for the entrance of our flat and then one on our room door...I feel a lot like Alice In Wonder Land right now. Our three locks are all oddly shaped and so very difficult to use. The handle is a giant, gold knob in the middle of the door,that just so happens to be for decoration only... the door pushes open.

But feeling more like Alice I really have no direction, I didn't
realize there would be so much free time. So, when a group is going one place and another going else where and I am trying to decide what to do my conclusion is always that of the cheshire cat, I guess it doesn't really matter! It has worked out so far so good. I love everything I have chosen to do and how could I not, I don't know what I am missing out on! But if you do have any suggestions on cool things to do in the UK, let me know!

We went and ate dinner at a Japanese 'fine cuisine' restaurant called Waggamama's, I think it means selfish in japanese. It was on the top of a building, but that didn't really matter since we couldn't see out the windows or anything. I ordered a sweet potato katsu (I think thats how you say it not how you spell it) curry with rice. We (Kelsey and I) were surprised at how yummy it was! Don't even judge that I A. don't have make up on and B haven't changed or showered since my flight. That is on the to do list for today...



After dinner every one was so tired from the jet lag. Every one expect Kelsey and I that is. Rick, my tie-dye, pony tail wearing professor was headed to a local pub. Kelsey and I decided it would be a great idea to join him. So there we sat, Rick, Kelsey and Emily in a pub full of locals. Kelsey and I sat and scoped out the room while Rick sipped a bitter beer from a goblet and taught us all about well, bitter beer. You can't help but smile at the thought of that. The pub was really beautiful inside with its masculine features and dark wood. A rugby game was on and creepy men stared at us, we got the real deal pub experience. Jack the Ripper was said to have dined there often along with shakespeare... but thats all myths and legends talk there! My pictures from the pub haven't made it to the computer yet, they will be up either later tonight or tomorrow!

I am so flabbergasted at all the nice cars in South Kensington. I am not joking 90 percent of the people drive Mercedes and the other 10 either dive a Porsche, Bentley, Aston Martin or a Rolls Royce...Yes that picture is in front of the most adorable house I have ever seen, do not even worry I took a picture of the cutest couple in the cutest house with the cutest car eating dinner, I wont post it though because that would be a little bit to creeper status on my part. However, I will post a picture of the neighborhood. I just wanted to lay in the middle of the road and gaze at the houses around me for ever. I seriously want to go knock on the doors and ask them for a tour of their house, I am sure they would be delighted to, and we all know I would too if it weren't for the 15 other people with me. off to take my first british shower
Cheers (they really do say that if you happen to be wondering)
em

1 comment:

  1. love the blog!! please dont get kidnapped from these creepy pubs your scaring me! miss you already xoxo

    ReplyDelete