Sunday 13 June 2010

Oh man, it's light out side....

I love late nights that turn into early mornings! They always make the best of stories. This past week we made a grand effort to stay out late every night and fulfill this love of mine.
On Thursday night we had one of most memorable nights of the trip! Linds, Kels and I all bought handmade, face mask with fresh ingredients from Lush (I thought Lush was only in my Scottsdale mall... turns out it is actually a really posh skin care line from the UK, I knew I was cooler than I thought, check out their website http://www.lush.co.uk/, it is pretty fun!)
We all bought little british booty-shorts from Top Shop (topshop.com). We danced to none other than the classic English girl band, Spice Girls. We rocked out all night.
We took kelseys lap top and put it on her shoulder like a boom box and danced into the kitchen/living area with hard core rap playing. The rest of our flat mates were hanging out in there and were stoked to see us. Before we knew it we had the majority of them dancing with us in their trousers. Funny how they call their panties trousers and pants knickers...
I don't think Matthew minded taking the millions of photos for us! (Even though he is gay I think he still enjoyed him self)
Signing the famous Abbey Road wall! They repaint it every 3 months to make room for new signers! People said some really touching things, really cliche things and some really stupid things. One guy had put a phrase to a Pink Floyd song... REALLY?? I am almost positive he was American...
The wall goes on for what seems like forever on both sides! There was only 3 of us and traffic was quite busy so unfortunately we were only able to get single shots walking across the famous zebra stripes. Mine is pretty stupid though so I don't want to put it up!
Gavin went home early to see his sister who was having a baby! I know he says he doesn't miss us but that is a big fat lie! We miss you Gav! See you so soon!
Friday night we had our last grand hurrah. We got all dressed up and went and did what we girls do best. Dancing. Okay, fine I can't dance to save my life, but still, I had a fun time!!
We stayed out untill 4:30 in the morning! We walked out of the club and it was light out side. We would have walked the twenty minute walk home but it was freezing so we decided to split a cab. We watched the sunrise from our cab ride home!
We had an intense plan of getting up at 8:00 AM and going shopping all day despite coming home so late, or so early in the morning depending on how technical you would like to get with it. Fortunately my phone is able to still use the alarm function while it is off which is nice. The only minor problem is that my phone is stuck on May 18, New York time. And not even accurate New York time the hours and minutes are both off. So, whenever I set my little gem I have to figure out the amount of hours and minutes that need to pass before it goes off since it isn't . Make sense? Somehow we just decided to set it for four hours from whenever we got home. Remember it was 5:00 in the morning. Whatever we did made sense at the time. Kelsey was supposed to meet Rick at 10:00 and unfortunately we woke up in a frenzy freaking out that it was noon. We had slept in, and missed out on our entire day! After sending a quick apologetic e-mail to Rick and heading out the door looking like a semi truck hit us we started our strenuous shopping day. After hours and hours and h-o-u-r-s of shopping we needed to check the time to make sure we were on schedule. Let me just go off on a short tangent right now and tell you all one thing; people in London do not know how to tell the time. I will ask ever so politely what time it is and they, no joke, will say something like 23 minutes to the hour of 16... With out fail I just nod my head say thank you and look for the nearest digital clock. Who wants to do all that math? 23 minutes to the hour of 16 would actually be something like 3:37. Anyways, we ask what time it is and they say something totally pathetic like that. We decide we need to hurry and get to the tube station. It was there where I saw the glow of the digital clock reading 1:14. How was this possible? It didn't add up. At all! We had been shopping for hours! We turned to some indie boys next to us and had them confirm the time. "What happened this morning?!?" simultaneously came blasting through both our mouths. As we back tracked we figured out we actually had gotten up at 8:00 and left our flat at 9:30. We felt so stupid. Rick was probably wondering what the heck we were talking about in the e-mail stating that something super urgent came up and we weren't able to make our 10:00 meeting when we sent the e-mail before 9:30 in the morning. We laughed about it all day. We then felt so proud of ourselves for having such a productive day!
Not going to lie, I was pretty tired by the time the night rolled around. I took a quick nap and was ready to hit the town again though! We went and watched the England VS America world cup game in a pub. Talk about one of the craziest things I have ever witnessed. This country is nuts. It is full of a bunch of drunk-crack-head-football-loving-crazies. We loved it! Kelsey is a huge, huuuuuge football fan so she helped us all understand what was going on!
Although we were pretty tired Kelsey and I forced our selves to go out again that night. We went to a place called Arc Angel. It was super chill and a well balanced relaxing/upbeat time. We ate some of the best dessert and nachos! Met lots of fun people and danced to some straight up 80's music. A guy we met told us that the new up and coming word was pow pow. We were confused with pow pow and meow meow, a popular drug the teens take here in London. It is most likely the dumbest drug I have ever read of. It is plant food mixed with rat poison. These young girls take it in the form of a pill or snort it and then do the dumbest stuff! I have plenty of articles on it if any of you are interested in reading more!
Just taking a minute to look back on the past weeks. Seems like forever ago that I was laying in a Scotland field.
One of the first days we were here! Looks like Disney Land.
Although the best of times were had here I don't think I will miss this makeshift bed!! I cant sit up all the way from my bottom bunk making it really annoying every time I wake up!
I loved this road from the start. Still love it.
Love all the elephant statues. I think there are around 1,000 of them placed around the city. They had some really fun ones! My favorite had crystals all over it!!
Even the rainy days were a blast! So much fun, loved every second of every day. I will miss South Kensington and all of my favorite little places in London!!

1 comment:

  1. emily your pictures are pretty. Im here alone in London still but I mean, I pretended you were there the whole time. You will be happy to know I finally bought my dad a freakin present. I got him this shirt thats an official England world cup shirt...i think he will like it. he better because i worried about his present for DAYSSS. i hope you got in okay and think about me all the time....I MISS YOU, LOVE YOU! You better still keep up this blog even though you are home, I am a follower now okay. I demand excellence.

    ReplyDelete