Saturday 26 June 2010

Let the good times roll

Love family gatherings at Grandma and Grandpa's house!
Jackie's attempt at hiding from my photo clearly backfired on her. Sorry Jacksters.
Loved seeing my Grandma after being gone for so long! She loved the little dessert only cook book I was able to get her in England!
I attempted to have a sister brother bonding day. I took Chase and Davis to the classiest joint in town, Sunsplash of course. It was quite the toss up between Sunsplash and Fiesta Mall, fortunately for the Sunsplash though they had a coupon to get in if you purchased tickets online, I was sold, always have been a sucker for good deals. Advice: If you are ever feeling a little chubby all you need to do is take one stroll around the water park. It doesn't take long before you are feeling like the cat's meow.
My brother sister day wasn't as successful as I had planned. Chase ran off with the ladies before I could even snap a photo of the three of us together. Davis and I did all we could to get kicked out of the lazy river. We tried to brake all the rules but for some reason the fish just weren't biting. We were let down when the most trouble we got in was the life guards scolding us a few times for sitting the wrong way on the tube.
Extra large 'blue flavored' icee's make any dehydrated body feel better. Who doesn't love frozen sugar infused with blue dye number 163? We bought a Little Caesar $5 hot n' ready on the way, I had to make sure the kids had a really nutritional balanced meal. I also needed something that would make me fee extra skinny in my swimsuit. Continuing with the classiness of the day we ate the pizza in the jeep and finished it before we even got to the park...
We don't have a picture to prove it but, my mom did show up a little bit later and hang out with us. She even went down a few slides. Impressive. I was a little worried she wasn't going to fit in with the caliber of people there, I was glad to see she was able to rise to the occasion though.
Attempting yet again to be fun sister I took Davis and his cute friend Noah to one of my favorite spots, Bahama Bucks. They didn't know it but I sort of forgot where it was. I drove around for a while, making it seem like it was really far away which added to the cool factor of it. After taking quite some time to decide what we all wanted I ordered and then oops.. no wallet. For some unknown reason my mom had taken her wallet out of her purse, but left the purse in the car. Clearly giving me a false impression. A few phone calls and a half hour later my mom rescued us with the wallet. During this time the highly educated snow cone nazi's kept the kids magically delicious treats inside the freezer. I am sure it was just a precaution they had to take though incase I decided to run off with the 10 dollars worth of ice. I do look like the kind of girl who would steel ice.
Davis and Noah were so patient as we awkwardly waited for the wallet to arrive. They played tic-tac-toe and the connect the dot game on the napkin as I turned down gracious offers from women who said they would be willing to cover our bill.
Don't think the fun stopped at tic-tac-toe though. It had barely began. We bought 24 already made snowballs from Bahama Bucks. A man ordering asked me what the kids were going to do with all of them. When I told them I was going to let them throw them at cars on the way home he thought I was joking. I wasn't. It was one of the funniest, greatest joys to watch these little boys chuck snowballs at cars, and people. We drove through sonic and hurled them at people in the drive thru, people on the road, people in parking lots and we even knocked on peoples doors and threw them at them then ran away. They were so scared they were going to get caught and go to 'juvi' for a long time. They were also afraid people were going to write our 'plates' down and call the cops on us.
Davis's Baseball game! 4:30 heat isn't exactly my favorite thing. Luckily we have QT to cool us off and keep us hydrated.
What a cute couple. My dad was the Army Sergeant for the ward youth conference. He drove straight from there to Davis's game! Take note at how tough he looks with that mean beard.
Great candid shot. Davis pitched this game and it was so intense. He is a great pitcher, at times I thought he was trying to kill the guys with the look on his face. It was such a fun game to watch. They run ruled the other team in the fifth inning (I do believe that is the correct terminology).
Julie and I went and swam with some old friends of ours! Before we knew it the time was 4:00 AM. I didn't mind though because I do love a good late night out every now and then.
Such a talented driver. I hope you all are impressed I have my swimsuit on and not my underwear. Don't judge that I drove home in my suit though. Besides putting on a wet swim suit when you are dry, putting on dry clothes when you are wet is the worst thing.
Davis and I went to Sauce for lunch together. We chit chatted for a long time. It was lovely. We talked about all sorts of things and by the end of lunch we had decided that we were going to throw a party, a party to celebrate life we were going to have it today, in an hour from lunch.
We went to Walmart (I only know how to do classy things...) and bought some super fun stuff. Since I always shop on a budget we bought chalk to make our own welcome sing and thee off brand of Dr. Pepper and Sprite.
We had to greet and thank our guest for coming and of course make it look cute too!
Davis struggled a little with the water balloons
Luckily Grandma Davis was there to help save the day. She tied all the balloons as Davis filled them up.
This neon filled styrofoam box would soon be the death of me. I had no idea water balloons could be so deadly when lobed at by an 11 year old.
Shaving cream, squirt guns, silly string. We had all the summer party essentials. Davis blew up the boogies so we could slide even faster down the slip n' slide while mom made us yummy cookies!!
All prepared and waiting for our guest!
The party gang finally arrived!
Good times, good times.
The older, mature party guest played an intelligent game of Scrabble. Congratulations to Joey for the big win!
Outside minglers! What a fun party!!
The creativity was flowin, they had all sorts of crazy, twisty ways to slide down.
Even mom joined in on the slip n' slide action. She's been a real funster lately!!
I documented the day quite well.
Party was a hit!! Davis and I had so much fun planning, setting up, partying and even cleaning up! We loved everyone for coming and sure did miss some cousins who couldn't make it as well as Brittany, Shelley and Brady!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh I wish we could have been at the party to celebrate life!!! But I am glad we will be in California for the party! WOO!

    ReplyDelete