Tuesday 1 June 2010

A little here and a little there...

Random tidbits that deserve a little trip down memory lane.
This is at the Warlock Castle. They had peacocks all over! Kelsey and I ate lunch down by the river! When we were ordering our food there were a zillion little school kids around. I have never heard kids with such sassy little mouths. I couldn't find the straws and one of them said in his bratty english accent their riiiiight there, he pointed to a coffee straw. I said something you are joking and he tried his best to do an American accent and said 'I am totally like not joking'... it was great. I love being made fun of by ten year olds.
This is a very normal picture for us. Me taking some stupid faced picture and kelsey looking at me like what the heck did you're mom smoke when she was pregnant with you... simply classic.
Group shot after our hike!! see where the railing is and the mesh thing behind it? That is what Gavin and I were standing on when we did our photo shoot. I guess looking at it now I can see why people were warning us of our deaths.
This is Gavin, Richard, Me and Kelsey. We took Richard out for his 37 birthday. Heck ya Richard, way to celebrate in style. We thought this man across the room from us was homeless so Kelsey and I, being the sweet girls we are, bought this supposed homeless man a brownie. By the way he reacted when we gave him his ooy gooey treat though I am second guessing his homelessness status. Embarrassing! Richard is also one of the funniest people I have met, I am glad we were able to take him out!
When we were in Scotland we went to the Elephant cafe where Jk Rowling wrote a lot of Harry Potter. It over looks the cemetery she got a few of the characters names from. Gavin was fiddling with the table while we were conversing and magically opened a hidden drawer full of random letters and notes. It was so exciting! People wrote down there hopes, dreams, secrets and life learned lessons and tucked them away in this hidden treasure. We sat for hours reading the notes, they were like a bottomless pit. We fell in love with a few mystery people who inspired our thoughts and touched our hearts. We of course had to continue the cycle and each write our own secret little something for the golden drawer.
If you haven't noticed by now this is a pretty staple picture for the group. I haven't yet figured out why everyone loves it so much. I personally am not a fan of it because when taken from above my head looks huge. Gavin's eye creeps me out in this picture.

Here we are just getting on to the London Eye!! oh you can tell it is getting later, my face is definitely getting less and less cute as the night goes on.
Just a classic shot of me these days. Making some weird face, complaining about my head is hurting. It is doing so much better though :), hardly had a headache today!
Windy windy wind! We had to stop and take a million pictures here. Even though when we were walking we were pretending to be real locals and we kept saying how annoying all these dang tourist are! The lady who took our picture was from the filipino lands, after she took our picture for us she asked if she could take a picture with her in it with her camera. Although we were confused we agreed and took one with her and one with her friend. She said she loved our eyes, white skin and my hair as if we were the only white people in all of the UK.
I look tall and I like that. Ya, ya, ya I am on my tip toes but whatever, I still look tall!
Quite possibly the most horrendous statue I have ever seen. What is it even?? People were looking at us a little strange when we were so excited to take our picture in front of it.
I was dreaming that I still had my long hair and there was a prince saying 'Emily oh Emily let down your long hair'...It was a good dream. When I looked out the window I randomly saw some girls from our group! What a funny coincidence that was!
Oh a bloody tower, yes please. How could we even resist? Gavin and I spent hours and hours at this castle. They had interactive games for ages 3-9 that I could just not get enough of. Thanks for spending the entire day with me Gavatron, your the best!
This picture is just such a classic jumping picture, how could I resist? Plus, now I can send it in to Disney and hopefully land a major part in High School Musical...
We were excited to go to the castle and see the largest diamond in the world! 530 karats! Amazing!!
They have the cutest mary-go-rounds all over the city! This one is actually in Paris but they have them in London too! I think this would be a pretty good family business to get into. Think, all you have to do is buy the dang thing and then charge each kid 7 pounds to ride it and you are practically pooping hundred dollar bills with in a week! There is no up-keep required which is the best part. I mean honestly have you ever seen a mary-go-round that was nice, clean and polished daily? Didn't think so. It is literally a brilliant idea to own one. Just buy it and plop it in the middle of a big city.
Megs and I bought matching sweatshirts when we were in Oxford. We finally had them on at the same time and decided to take a picture together! This happened to be the night there was a fire on the tube we were on. Fun times in London :)
We had to jump the rescue fence to sit on this ledge. People were looking at us like we had gone mad and we most likely would have if we had to stand through the entire play. We were even warned of the danger by a stranger, but I said 'no, stranger danger', he was scarier then the ledge.
Whoever took this picture of us is dumb as rocks. We obviously wanted a picture of the concrete... NOT! the back ground was so gorgeous, I was so sad when I looked a the picture... Anyways, this is what kelsey and I chose to do for part of the shakespeare play. A much better option.
Oh my oh my we love crepes!!! We are constantly on the hunt to find the best crepe in town! I think we have found it though. It is a little crepe place in Covant Garden. yumo!
I can not even explain the amount of pain my feet were in all of Scotland. This is just one of my many disgusting blisters. They were all over my feet, my toes and heals were literally bleeding all over. Gavin was a sweetheart and helped me pop them, I can't even write about it because it was so gross. Kelsey made sure that I knew how disgusting my feet were, I think I got it!
Gavin and I went to the butterfly exhibition the other day. I was like a child, staring and oowing and awing at every single thing I saw. It was cool how hot and humid they kept it in the tent like room! This is a picture of two butterflies mating on my leg! it was crazy!! I think we were having more fun then the kids inside. Every butterfly we saw made us giddy and jump for joy. Some of them were so big they scared us. I think they might have even had teeth. One thing that made me laugh was that more than half of them were from North America.. now THAT is a cool spot to come from!!
Here is Gav with one of the big scary ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment